- By now, you’ve probably paid more than a few trips to the pool or beach being that we’re in full summer mode. Here is a nice slideshow on some tips for best swim suits for different body types. Every little bit of help counts when we’re baring it all!
- And while you’re at it, look at this great slideshow of the evolution of the swim suit from Vogue’s archives. Great vintage pics!
- One of my favorite things about Fridays are all the best dressed of the week and street style shots that are published. Here and here are a couple!
- wmagazine.com & vogue.com
- Renowned High Fashion Stylist Carine Roitfeld is set to launch her very own magazine called CR Fashion Book come September. Read more details here.
- Have a closet full of nothing to wear? Check out these tips for styling ideas for revamping your summer look.
- I’ve always said I love when Fashion mixes with Art. Click through this slideshow of Fall 2012 ad campaigns to see why!
- Read about the latest collaboration between eccentric Japanese artist Kusama and Louis Vuitton.
- Nordstrom to sell Topshop in some stores starting September! Hoping Miami is one of the selected cities!
- The Royal family of Qatar purchased Valentino Fashion Group for the small sum of $858 million. Chump change. More details here.
- Some new pics of Marilyn Monroe have been discovered and will be auctioned for sale. Just in case you have a few hundred thousand to blow.
- Here are the top 9 viral Youtube videos of the week. Always entertaining.
- Rihanna gets boo-ed for her exhibitionist style. Do you think her bear-it-all, sans bra style is over the top?
- Here are some major Fall accessories trends. I’m super into the statement necklaces, headbands and hats.
- Check out H&M‘s new Spring 2012 ad campaign. I’m not super impressed; it all seems pretty safe without much of a novelty factor. What do you think?
- Paris fashion week was followed by (a not as buzzed about) Toronto Fashion Week. Here are some fun looks and trends spotted in Toronto’s colorful FW.
- The Olson twins’ The Row will be pairing up with Superga for the release of their premier sneaker collection. They will be a luxurious $250 sneaker made of cashmere, no less.
- Zara will be opening a retail record setting flagship store on 5th Ave in Manhattan (formerly the home of the NBA store).
- This is a cute quirky celebrity baby names guide.
- Looking to change up your ‘do for Spring? I am! Here are some new Spring hair trends and ideas.
Whether in the movies, catwalks, or ad campaigns, the 1920′s are among us once again. What is it about the 1920′s that has sent them surging back? Maybe it’s the era’s romanticism and sense of ultra femininity as well as the accompanying sense of escape from today’s contrasting high-tech, fast-paced world… Whatever the reasons, I personally am loving every minute of this 1920′s takeover!
- One of my favorite 1920′s escapes this season was the Oscar Nominated Movie The Artist. Hats off to the Oscar Nominated costume designer Mark Bridges. The costumes were vintage fashion perfection!
- Just released! This new Chanel Ad Campaign for the new Boy Bag shot by Karl Lagerfeld is all about the 1920s…
- Lastly, check out these vintage 1920′s Vogue images along with current fashion images depicting the revival of the 1920s!
I love everything I see from the flaming heels to the dainty hair brooches! Many of the recurring trends for Spring/Summer are seen here with the floral prints, pastel palettes, micro-pleats and overall feminine, retro feel. This is modern day eye candy for us vintage junkies!
More photos from Chanel’s RTW Spring 2012 ad campaign are here and I had to share! The multi-talented Karl Lagerfeld shot supermodels Joan Smalls and Saskia de Brauw (styled by Carine Roitfeld) and made them work for their money, honey. It’s something magical when Fashion meets Art on this level! Happy Friday!