- These are great Earth-friendly tips in commemoration of Earth Day from Recessionista.com. Start small, but let’s start somewhere!
- Coachella is underway and always brings out the quirkiest in street style. Check out some looks here. Vintage looks galore!
- I don’t know about you, but I’ve started listening to all the talk about our toxic-laden beauty products and leaning towards going all-natural. Here is a list of some all-natural beauty products that don’t compromise on quality.
- Looks like wedge sneakers are here to stay (at least for a while). See some stylish best-sellers here.
- Great gift idea for upcoming Mother’s Day for the mamas-to-be in our lives- non-toxic pregnancy-safe nail polish.
- Nice slideshow of some beauty moments from past and present celebs that continue to inspire.
- Levi’s is reviving their 1920′s and 1930′s style for their vintage-inspired Winter collection.
- Top ten list of most “Beauty-Obsessed” cities. Surprised?
- Huffinton Post’s celebrity pics and tidbits of the week.
More photos from Chanel’s RTW Spring 2012 ad campaign are here and I had to share! The multi-talented Karl Lagerfeld shot supermodels Joan Smalls and Saskia de Brauw (styled by Carine Roitfeld) and made them work for their money, honey. It’s something magical when Fashion meets Art on this level! Happy Friday!
For my last post of 2011, I wanted to share my favorite “best of 2011″ article. It is from HarpersBazaar.com and it is a countdown of the 50 best street style moments from all over the world by photographer Mr. Newton. Besides being entertaining, unique, and inspiring, these shots are a good sum-up of this year’s top trends with some of my favorite being; color blocking, cropped trousers, funky patterns, and embellished tops, shoes, and everything in between! This year has been one of my best and most memorable and I wish that and more for everyone’s 2012 and beyond! Salud!
THE 50 BEST STREET STYLE MOMENTS OF 2011
Bazaar’s intrepid street style photographer, Mr. Newton, spent the last year skipping from New York to Paris, following the fashion flock to Coachella and beyond to capture the most inspiring fashions on the street. Here, he remembers his favorite photos of the year, plus reveals 5 never-before-seen looks.
By Mr. Newton