Just posted this super comfy cute vintage cardigan and wanted to post some street style pictures I’ve come across of great ways to wear this classic. As you can see, the options are endless! From layering it over sundresses, skirts and blouses, even layered over other sweater and the list goes on! Has me itching for the cool Fall breezes ahead!
Pictures sources: internationalstreetstyle.com, refinery29.com, pinterest
I have a confession. I have come to the realization that I look forward to and enjoy the street style pics more than the Fashion Week shows. I love the fearlessness of some of these avant-gard fashionistas and always get inspired to make a trip to my closet to play around and conjure up new, fresh looks. Here are some of my favorite street style shots so far this NYFW to get you inspired to go out on a limb, push the limits! That’s what makes Fashion so much fun!
- One of my favorite news in the fashion world this past week is the announcement of the Target and Neiman Marcus collaboration for this coming Holiday season. They promise to have great products from top designers such as DVF, Rodarte, Alice & Olivia and many more at Target-based prices. Hope they don’t disappoint!
- H&M to start selling homeware products in the US!
- Here is a run-down of top fashion events and news in August. I’m ESPECIALLY marking my calendar for the first online Barney’s Warehouse sale on August 23rd (up to 75% off)!
- Vanity Fair has released its 2012 International Best Dressed list. Check out who made the cut.
- Believe it or not, Fall is just around the corner! Check out Style.com’s biggest fall fashion trends to prep you for your Fall Shopping spree!
- For us Fashion TV lovers, MTV’s House of Style to return to the Network!
- Blake Lively is the face of the new Premiere Gucci Fragrance. Check out the sexy sultry video here.
- Here is a comprehensive look at the Miami Beach Fashion Swim Week which took place last week.
- By now, you’ve probably paid more than a few trips to the pool or beach being that we’re in full summer mode. Here is a nice slideshow on some tips for best swim suits for different body types. Every little bit of help counts when we’re baring it all!
- And while you’re at it, look at this great slideshow of the evolution of the swim suit from Vogue’s archives. Great vintage pics!
- One of my favorite things about Fridays are all the best dressed of the week and street style shots that are published. Here and here are a couple!
- wmagazine.com & vogue.com
- Renowned High Fashion Stylist Carine Roitfeld is set to launch her very own magazine called CR Fashion Book come September. Read more details here.
- Have a closet full of nothing to wear? Check out these tips for styling ideas for revamping your summer look.
- I’ve always said I love when Fashion mixes with Art. Click through this slideshow of Fall 2012 ad campaigns to see why!
- Read about the latest collaboration between eccentric Japanese artist Kusama and Louis Vuitton.
- Nordstrom to sell Topshop in some stores starting September! Hoping Miami is one of the selected cities!
- The Royal family of Qatar purchased Valentino Fashion Group for the small sum of $858 million. Chump change. More details here.
I bought these super cute Modern Heritage socks (only $7) at DSW a few weeks ago and have been waiting for a chance to pair them up with some fun sandals and try the “socks with sandals” trend seen everywhere in the Spring and Fall 2012 fashion shows. I purchased these bright yellow Nine West sandals for $10 (!) at Marshalls months ago and love how the bright colors compliment each other. DSW online has a really nice selection of socks and tights at great prices from simple to flashy. I love the frilly Jessica Simpson anklet socks too. I live for pairing my vintage collections with new trends!
Top: Vintage (Despy) | Shorts: Sevens for All Mankind | Shoes: Nine West | Socks: Modern Heritage | Purse: Vintage
Here are other pics of the socks & sandals trend for inspiration! (source: 29secrets.com)
- Along with the rest of the world, I’ve been mourning the death of our beloved Whitney Houston. I highly recommend Oprah’s in depth interview with Whitney Houston (the BEST in my opinion) which will be re-aired on the OWN network tonight at 7:00PM.
- Ms. Adele had quite the week with 6 Grammy wins and a Vogue cover! Here is her full spread. She looks phenomenal.
- Some of the Best Dressed at last week-end’s Grammys.
- We all know the feeling (and accompanying dip in self esteem) of being one size at one store and three sizes larger at another.There’s a cool new app for that! This app promises to tell you what size you are based on specific stores, labels, and different garment types.
- Here are some top looks from newer designers at NY Fashion Week. Now on to London Fashion Week!
- And here is my favorite slideshow of NY Fashion week’s best shoes, handbags, and accessories.
- New York Fashionista Zelda Kaplan dies at age 95 in the front row of a Fashion Week show!
- This is a great blog of behind-the-scenes photos of all the best London Fashion Week shows going on as we speak!
As it comes to a close, it’s safe to say this weekend was a great one. Delicious dinners, BBQ at the park, Art Walk, Deco Art Festival and concluded it all with a fantastic facial! One of the highlights was my Saturday evening at the monthly Wynwood Art Walk. While browsing the galleries and munching on truck food delicacies, we went into this art meets fashion boutique called Haus Fashion (2527 NW 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33127). I was drooling over their new vintage corner filled with some beeeautiful vintage pieces stocked by none other than one of the Sex and the City stylists. I live for discovering local vintage gems like these!
On my outfit: I purchased this cropped pea coat at Anthropologie for a crazy discount (paid $40, original cost was $200) and have been wearing it like crazy this Miami winter. I love to dress it up with my lovely vintage fur collar. The pants I wore are one of my 2011-steals-of-the-year. They’re Alexander McQueen wool trousers purchased at none other than TJ Maxx (I paid $90, original price $800+)!
Top: French Connection | Jacket: Anthropologie | Pants: Alexander McQueen | Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell | Purse: Vintage Coach
Bringing in the New Year in Despy! My mom is looking radiant in this NYE picture. She is wearing her newly purchased Vintage sequin top from Despy. Click here or the pic below for the same top in blue still in stock and only $35! I am wearing a high waisted vintage skirt with sequin detail on the waist. By tucking in a tube top of the same color, I dressed up the skirt by giving it the appearance that it’s a strapless dress. Happy New Year!
I drove to Orlando last weekend and arrived just in time to meet a serious cold front (serious meaning it got into the high 50s- 60s). I was a bit unprepared since its been in the 80s and even 90s here in Miami throughout the week. Luckily I took a purple Tibi New York cropped fall jacket I recently purchased. I bought it on a super sale paying $45 when it was originally priced over $300! Steal! I paired it with a fox fur neck collar that I recenlty thrifted. These vintage pieces are a fabulous way to glamorize and revamp any light jackets or sweaters for the upcoming chilly months!
Silver Studded Skirt: Thrifted | Sweater: H&M | Jacket: Tibi | Neck Fur Collar: Thirfted | Shoes: Charles Jourdan
I don’t know about you, but I love me some leather. PETA could probably convince me to go faux fur, but letting go of leather? That would be a tough sell! There’s something about a soft leather purse and pair of shoes that just make me feel that my money was well spent (sorry PETA). Apparently, many designers agree with me and took it a step further this fall/winter with leather in all colors popping up in tops, dresses, pants, jacket etc as pictured below. I channeled this trend with my red pleather (I’m trying!) short shorts from H&M (Paris) paired with a flowey black Theory top. Shop Despy for vintage leather looks now available for you!
This is one of my favorite newer vintage tops. It has metallic gold threaded into it adding a lovely look-at-me sheen to it! To add an updated twist, I wore it with a spicy mini and platform heels. I like to balance out the long-sleeve covered-up tops with smaller skirts for night-time. I wear conservative clothes all week for work and like to show some skin for a night out! Since I am an avid fan of COLOR, I added some red lips for a ‘lil something something to my otherwise black/gold outfit.
Top: Vintage Blouse | Skirt: No Name | Shoes:
I recently went to France for the first time and was more than impressed by how beautiful this country is. It seemed like everything I saw was more beautiful than the last. We started off with a mini-tour of the South of France (Avignon, Cassis, St Tropez, Mougins, Cannes) and ended our trip in Paris. As if packing wasn’t enough of a challenge for me (I need a full 24 hours to coordinate outfits and dwindle down my shoe selection to only 5), I was thrown a curve-ball since I had to prepare for both summer weather and chilly fall weather. All items below are vintage or consignment pieces form my closet except for the BCBG Blazer, J Brand jeans, and KReLwear romper (new purchase that I LOVE from a very talented Miami designer- Check out the website). Most used items for this trip: Nude colored woven leather vintage flats (could walk for days in them and they go with everything), BCBG Max Azria Blazer, Neiman Marcus vintage gray silk cardigan).
Just when I thought I was over Polk-A-Dots, I recently thrifted this blouse and fell in love. It’s a Nanette Lepore blouse that fits like a glove and makes me glow inside and out thanks to its fluorescent yellow color (it didn’t photograph quite as bright). It was also thanks to the color that I ‘spotted’ my new favorite blouse. Polk-a-dots a la 2011 made a big come-back in this year’s Fall Fashion trends as seen in the Marc Jacobs (Left) and Stella McCartney (Right) styles below. Fluorescent colors were also heavy in the fall fashion trends. One of my favorites is the pictured below are the neon Fall 2011 Balenciaga Handbags. The ultra-bright color are absolutely hypnotizing in person!
Top: Nanette Lepore | Shorts: Arden B | Necklace: Off 5th (Saks Outlet)