I have a confession. I have come to the realization that I look forward to and enjoy the street style pics more than the Fashion Week shows. I love the fearlessness of some of these avant-gard fashionistas and always get inspired to make a trip to my closet to play around and conjure up new, fresh looks. Here are some of my favorite street style shots so far this NYFW to get you inspired to go out on a limb, push the limits! That’s what makes Fashion so much fun!
The Fall Couture shows took place this past week. This is one of my favorite fashion weeks and I still dream of the day I will be able to attend in person. Couture fashion is simply the best and grandest of the best in fashion. Its amazing to see how the eccentric ideas of these amazing designers come to life in some of the most bold yet intricate and beautiful pieces of clothing. The standouts for me were Giambattista Valli, Elie Saab and Jean Paul Gautier.
Which was your favorite?
Jean Paul Gaultier
I went to the Miami Beach International Fashion Week show last Friday and had a fabulous time. I really enjoyed the exhibitions prior to the show. They did a wonderful job of choosing the most original hand-crafted items from Vintage inspired hand-beaded bags (deserves a separate post, soon to come!) to custom Swarovski covered shoes. Below are some pictures of, another favorite of mine, beautiful hand-made leather clutches by Paola Peres (www.paolaperes.com). I loved that the ribbon on the clutches is removable and made to be able to match your look! Enjoy the pictures of some of my favorite pieces in the show!
Dress: Vintage Bisou Bisou | Shoes: Christian Louboutin | Purse: Vintage | Necklace: Nordstrom
- Some new pics of Marilyn Monroe have been discovered and will be auctioned for sale. Just in case you have a few hundred thousand to blow.
- Here are the top 9 viral Youtube videos of the week. Always entertaining.
- Rihanna gets boo-ed for her exhibitionist style. Do you think her bear-it-all, sans bra style is over the top?
- Here are some major Fall accessories trends. I’m super into the statement necklaces, headbands and hats.
- Check out H&M‘s new Spring 2012 ad campaign. I’m not super impressed; it all seems pretty safe without much of a novelty factor. What do you think?
- Paris fashion week was followed by (a not as buzzed about) Toronto Fashion Week. Here are some fun looks and trends spotted in Toronto’s colorful FW.
- The Olson twins’ The Row will be pairing up with Superga for the release of their premier sneaker collection. They will be a luxurious $250 sneaker made of cashmere, no less.
- Zara will be opening a retail record setting flagship store on 5th Ave in Manhattan (formerly the home of the NBA store).
- This is a cute quirky celebrity baby names guide.
- Looking to change up your ‘do for Spring? I am! Here are some new Spring hair trends and ideas.
- As seen on Chanel‘s Paris Fashion Week runway show, could embellished brows be the new fake lashes?
- This is a great slideshow of all the beauty trends from the 2012/2013 fashion shows.
- Alexander Wang is being sued for allegedly having a sweatshop in Chinatown.
- Some people get away with murder, but this lady arrested for painting her nails on a plane!
- Thursday was International Women’s Day. In commemoration, Here is a fierce fashion video inspired by a woman’s strength and how to use it!
- Spring is a hop and a skip away. With eclectic nail color and designs being hot as ever on the fashion scene, check out these fun new nail Spring colors and click here for a list of hot Spring trends under $50.
- In case you haven’t seen it, one of the most talked about moments of this week in fashion was Marc Jacobs silly women’s outfit he wore to a post-Parish Fashion Week party.
- Soon to be mine: I’m loving these DVF cell phone cases in honor of International Woman’s Day (and the others). And they’re under $30!
- Paris Fashion Week came to a close. Here is a slideshow of best and worst moments from PFW.
- Tom Ford to start selling $3000 eye-glasses! Recession who?
- They didn’t stop at the bejeweled eyebrows! Chanel’s PFW runway show set-up was no joke, as usual. Check out the crazy scenery here.