Just posted this super comfy cute vintage cardigan and wanted to post some street style pictures I’ve come across of great ways to wear this classic. As you can see, the options are endless! From layering it over sundresses, skirts and blouses, even layered over other sweater and the list goes on! Has me itching for the cool Fall breezes ahead!
Pictures sources: internationalstreetstyle.com, refinery29.com, pinterest
I have a confession. I have come to the realization that I look forward to and enjoy the street style pics more than the Fashion Week shows. I love the fearlessness of some of these avant-gard fashionistas and always get inspired to make a trip to my closet to play around and conjure up new, fresh looks. Here are some of my favorite street style shots so far this NYFW to get you inspired to go out on a limb, push the limits! That’s what makes Fashion so much fun!
I went to Boston for a weekend trip and wore these great Pinkerton silk pants on the flight there. These pajama pants are perfectly comfy for travel. It was as hot and steamy in Boston as it is here in Miami so I was grateful for the super light material since we went straight on a mini tour of the downtown area after arriving. Pre-pregnancy, I preferred to wear them with a cropped flowy top for a lighter, airier look, but my options are a little more limited nowadays. Silky pajama pants have been heavy on the street style circuit, check out other cool ways to style them below. I love when clothes are just as comfy as they are fun to wear! Click here for a similar style now at Anthropologie.com.
Pants: Pinkerton (Anthropologie.com) | Top: Roberto Rodriguez | Shoes: Dolce Vita | Sunglasses: Valentino | Purse: Fendi
- One of my favorite news in the fashion world this past week is the announcement of the Target and Neiman Marcus collaboration for this coming Holiday season. They promise to have great products from top designers such as DVF, Rodarte, Alice & Olivia and many more at Target-based prices. Hope they don’t disappoint!
- H&M to start selling homeware products in the US!
- Here is a run-down of top fashion events and news in August. I’m ESPECIALLY marking my calendar for the first online Barney’s Warehouse sale on August 23rd (up to 75% off)!
- Vanity Fair has released its 2012 International Best Dressed list. Check out who made the cut.
- Believe it or not, Fall is just around the corner! Check out Style.com’s biggest fall fashion trends to prep you for your Fall Shopping spree!
- For us Fashion TV lovers, MTV’s House of Style to return to the Network!
- Blake Lively is the face of the new Premiere Gucci Fragrance. Check out the sexy sultry video here.
- Here is a comprehensive look at the Miami Beach Fashion Swim Week which took place last week.
Last week I attended Cosmopolitan En Espanol‘s 40th Birthday Bash celebrated by way of a Summer Splash Fashion Show held at Soho Beach House here in Miami. The evening was super sticky hot and crowded, but the show was great. This is a perfect venue for something like this with the extra long lap pool as a perfect runway setup. Some of the designers featured were: Barraca Chic, Zingara, Samsara Imports, Luli Fama, and Maya Swimwear. My favorite trends were the big floppy hats and chunky necklaces paired with the suits. Seeing all these swimsuit models made me wish I had skipped dessert that day (and every other day of my life thus far)! Blame it on the baby bump!
Dress: Velvet Torch | Necklace: Nordstrom | Handbag: Vintage | Shoes: Christian Louboutin
- By now, you’ve probably paid more than a few trips to the pool or beach being that we’re in full summer mode. Here is a nice slideshow on some tips for best swim suits for different body types. Every little bit of help counts when we’re baring it all!
- And while you’re at it, look at this great slideshow of the evolution of the swim suit from Vogue’s archives. Great vintage pics!
- One of my favorite things about Fridays are all the best dressed of the week and street style shots that are published. Here and here are a couple!
- wmagazine.com & vogue.com
- Renowned High Fashion Stylist Carine Roitfeld is set to launch her very own magazine called CR Fashion Book come September. Read more details here.
- Have a closet full of nothing to wear? Check out these tips for styling ideas for revamping your summer look.
- I’ve always said I love when Fashion mixes with Art. Click through this slideshow of Fall 2012 ad campaigns to see why!
- Read about the latest collaboration between eccentric Japanese artist Kusama and Louis Vuitton.
- Nordstrom to sell Topshop in some stores starting September! Hoping Miami is one of the selected cities!
- The Royal family of Qatar purchased Valentino Fashion Group for the small sum of $858 million. Chump change. More details here.
The Fall Couture shows took place this past week. This is one of my favorite fashion weeks and I still dream of the day I will be able to attend in person. Couture fashion is simply the best and grandest of the best in fashion. Its amazing to see how the eccentric ideas of these amazing designers come to life in some of the most bold yet intricate and beautiful pieces of clothing. The standouts for me were Giambattista Valli, Elie Saab and Jean Paul Gautier.
Which was your favorite?
Jean Paul Gaultier
Stella McCartney is ahead of the game showcasing her Spring 2013 collection yesterday in NYC. Lots of florals, separates, pastels and don’t forget the leopard! Being a fan of prints, bright colors, and clothing with a retro touch, this collection is right up my alley!
Here is an entertaining look at last night’s MET Gala’s 2012 best and plain old quirkiest dresses.
Pics from Huffingtonpost.com
While strolling around the International Fashion Week exhibition lobby a couple weeks ago, I was stopped in my tracks when I came across this particular booth. Being the Vintage enthusiast that I am, I was immediately drawn to these vintage inspired hand-beaded evening handbags (not to mention that the sparkle beaming from them was hypnotizing!). Canadian native and resident Jacqui Uza is the creator/designer/owner of BOKO (Bead One Knit One) and incredibly designs, crochets and hand-beads these breathtaking purses all herself. The bags are vintage inspired ranging in style, color and era. These intricate, hand-made beauties can be customized so they are perfect for weddings and special events and will no doubt become your newest family heirloom. Can you say worth every penny?!? Purchase them on Etsy here (www.bokointernational.etsy.com) or email Jacqui at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. With over 30 designs to choose from, good luck picking just one!
Style and Era (below): Designer’s creation, 1920′s inspired
Style and Era: “Titanic” from the early 1900′s (before metal frames came about)
- For you ladies and gents thinking about making a career out of your love for fashion; here is fashionologie.com’s top 10 Fashion Schools.
- Besides shoes, handbags are the most vital accessory you wear on a daily basis. If you are on the market for a new handbag like me (and who isn’t) here are a few drool worthy bags to get you inspired.
- OPI is coming out with new Spiderman inspired colors next month. See them here.
- Jeffrey Campbell and Black Milk (avant garde legging line) to collaborate on a new shoe line to sell exclusively on (my fave) Solestruck.com!
- If you are looking for inexpensive vintage inspired sunglasses and eyeglasses, check these out!
- This week’s best Fashion Videos.
- Still getting your Spring wardrobe in line? Here are some suggestions of the Classic Spring/Summer staple: the denim jacket.
- Here are some of this week’s best-dressed celebrities.
- I am forever getting bored of my hair and looking for new ideas. Here are some pics of hairstyles and hair accessories to consider!
- Lanvin seems to know a thing or two about accessories (ya think). Here is a great detailed slideshow of the beyond gorgeous statement pieces from the latest show in Paris. I want one (any one) so bad it hurts.
- Renowned interior decorator Jonathan Adler is set to launch a handbag line! These new high-end handbags will be available in April at Jonathan Adler Boutiques Neiman Marcus and ShopBop online. Looking forward to seeing the designs!
- I love it! The newest nail trend to hit stores. The caviar mani! Soon to be featured on my nails. I also must try this moon/french mani (pictured above). Here is a how-to video.
- There is no medicine like a good laugh. Here are some 2012 news bloopers for your enjoyment.
- This week’s best dressed according to fashionologie.com. I love Jessica Stam’s new dark hair!
- Despy is all about recycling clothing and ethical shopping. Here is an article on why it should matter to you too! And check out these new ethical shopping brands.
- huggingtonpost.com & thisisfakediy.co.uk
- High School Prom dresses now must meet some very specific guidelines! It just takes a few to ruin it for everyone!
- Did you know about this National Cleavage Day? I guess you can never run out of things to celebrate! Learn more about it here.
I went to the Miami Beach International Fashion Week show last Friday and had a fabulous time. I really enjoyed the exhibitions prior to the show. They did a wonderful job of choosing the most original hand-crafted items from Vintage inspired hand-beaded bags (deserves a separate post, soon to come!) to custom Swarovski covered shoes. Below are some pictures of, another favorite of mine, beautiful hand-made leather clutches by Paola Peres (www.paolaperes.com). I loved that the ribbon on the clutches is removable and made to be able to match your look! Enjoy the pictures of some of my favorite pieces in the show!
Dress: Vintage Bisou Bisou | Shoes: Christian Louboutin | Purse: Vintage | Necklace: Nordstrom
- Some new pics of Marilyn Monroe have been discovered and will be auctioned for sale. Just in case you have a few hundred thousand to blow.
- Here are the top 9 viral Youtube videos of the week. Always entertaining.
- Rihanna gets boo-ed for her exhibitionist style. Do you think her bear-it-all, sans bra style is over the top?
- Here are some major Fall accessories trends. I’m super into the statement necklaces, headbands and hats.
- Check out H&M‘s new Spring 2012 ad campaign. I’m not super impressed; it all seems pretty safe without much of a novelty factor. What do you think?
- Paris fashion week was followed by (a not as buzzed about) Toronto Fashion Week. Here are some fun looks and trends spotted in Toronto’s colorful FW.
- The Olson twins’ The Row will be pairing up with Superga for the release of their premier sneaker collection. They will be a luxurious $250 sneaker made of cashmere, no less.
- Zara will be opening a retail record setting flagship store on 5th Ave in Manhattan (formerly the home of the NBA store).
- This is a cute quirky celebrity baby names guide.
- Looking to change up your ‘do for Spring? I am! Here are some new Spring hair trends and ideas.
- As seen on Chanel‘s Paris Fashion Week runway show, could embellished brows be the new fake lashes?
- This is a great slideshow of all the beauty trends from the 2012/2013 fashion shows.
- Alexander Wang is being sued for allegedly having a sweatshop in Chinatown.
- Some people get away with murder, but this lady arrested for painting her nails on a plane!
- Thursday was International Women’s Day. In commemoration, Here is a fierce fashion video inspired by a woman’s strength and how to use it!
- Spring is a hop and a skip away. With eclectic nail color and designs being hot as ever on the fashion scene, check out these fun new nail Spring colors and click here for a list of hot Spring trends under $50.
- In case you haven’t seen it, one of the most talked about moments of this week in fashion was Marc Jacobs silly women’s outfit he wore to a post-Parish Fashion Week party.
- Soon to be mine: I’m loving these DVF cell phone cases in honor of International Woman’s Day (and the others). And they’re under $30!
- Paris Fashion Week came to a close. Here is a slideshow of best and worst moments from PFW.
- Tom Ford to start selling $3000 eye-glasses! Recession who?
- They didn’t stop at the bejeweled eyebrows! Chanel’s PFW runway show set-up was no joke, as usual. Check out the crazy scenery here.