Happy Monday! Hope the week is starting off right for everyone. I’m feeling the typical Monday morning sluggishness. We’ve had a pretty busy last couple of weeks with lots of visitors in town, which we love, but the action is catching up with me! My brother, Donovan Solis, was in town this past weekend from Atlanta. He is a producer for CNN en Espanol, and is extremely talented behind the lens, so you know I had to ask him to take a few shots for the blog! We started off by the bay behind my house then went to Wynwood for the monthly Art Walk. The whole colorful artsy vibe of this ‘hood inspired me to dust off this vintage dress that I hadn’t worn since before my pregnancy! I adore the print and fit of this dress. It has a great wide belt made of the same material as the dress, which gives a great natural looking sexy shape. Being that I have a boxier build this is a huge plus for me! The bold print speaks for itself so I went simple with the accessories just adding my favorite vintage hat and some fabulous Ferragamo heels.
How was everyone’s weekend?
How do you accessorize your favorite vintage dress?
Photo cred: Donovan Solis
Just posted this super comfy cute vintage cardigan and wanted to post some street style pictures I’ve come across of great ways to wear this classic. As you can see, the options are endless! From layering it over sundresses, skirts and blouses, even layered over other sweater and the list goes on! Has me itching for the cool Fall breezes ahead!
Pictures sources: internationalstreetstyle.com, refinery29.com, pinterest
I have a confession. I have come to the realization that I look forward to and enjoy the street style pics more than the Fashion Week shows. I love the fearlessness of some of these avant-gard fashionistas and always get inspired to make a trip to my closet to play around and conjure up new, fresh looks. Here are some of my favorite street style shots so far this NYFW to get you inspired to go out on a limb, push the limits! That’s what makes Fashion so much fun!
I went to Boston for a weekend trip and wore these great Pinkerton silk pants on the flight there. These pajama pants are perfectly comfy for travel. It was as hot and steamy in Boston as it is here in Miami so I was grateful for the super light material since we went straight on a mini tour of the downtown area after arriving. Pre-pregnancy, I preferred to wear them with a cropped flowy top for a lighter, airier look, but my options are a little more limited nowadays. Silky pajama pants have been heavy on the street style circuit, check out other cool ways to style them below. I love when clothes are just as comfy as they are fun to wear! Click here for a similar style now at Anthropologie.com.
Pants: Pinkerton (Anthropologie.com) | Top: Roberto Rodriguez | Shoes: Dolce Vita | Sunglasses: Valentino | Purse: Fendi
Summer in Miami can be steamy hot to say the least. I’m always on the lookout for the lightest, smallest summer dresses that still look classy and that can be a lot to ask for. What makes this task even MORE challenging is my belly bump which seems to be growing a mile a minute these days. Having a newfound round Winnie-the-Pooh shape, I find that I really want to show off my legs to balance out my roundness and make me feel feminine! This dress is one I recently found at TJ Maxx for just $40 (on clearance, of course!) and it more than fits all my requirements. I absolutely love it. I paired it with my-oh-so-loved YSL Platforms (purchased at the yearly designer shoe sale at Off Saks a few months back), and my new love-of-my-life hand-stitched Fendi purse (purchased at the ONLY place I buy designer handbags- Consignment Bar). There is something about walking out of my house in an outfit I love that makes me feel like I can take on the world!
Dress: Winter Kate | Shoes: YSL | Purse: Fendi | Necklace: Zara | Bracelets: Paris street vendor
Stella McCartney is ahead of the game showcasing her Spring 2013 collection yesterday in NYC. Lots of florals, separates, pastels and don’t forget the leopard! Being a fan of prints, bright colors, and clothing with a retro touch, this collection is right up my alley!
Im loving the new Free People Music Festival-inspired April 2012 Lookbook. It’s has a definite 1970′s carefree, casually cool feel that I’ve been embracing lately. I’m especially loving the layered bangle bracelets, artsy necklaces, strategically placed messy hair, and headpieces. Great inspiration for summer looks!
Stay tuned for soon to come New Despy items soon to be posted!
Source: Fashionologie.com & Freepeople.com
- For you ladies and gents thinking about making a career out of your love for fashion; here is fashionologie.com’s top 10 Fashion Schools.
- Besides shoes, handbags are the most vital accessory you wear on a daily basis. If you are on the market for a new handbag like me (and who isn’t) here are a few drool worthy bags to get you inspired.
- OPI is coming out with new Spiderman inspired colors next month. See them here.
- Jeffrey Campbell and Black Milk (avant garde legging line) to collaborate on a new shoe line to sell exclusively on (my fave) Solestruck.com!
- If you are looking for inexpensive vintage inspired sunglasses and eyeglasses, check these out!
- This week’s best Fashion Videos.
- Still getting your Spring wardrobe in line? Here are some suggestions of the Classic Spring/Summer staple: the denim jacket.
- Here are some of this week’s best-dressed celebrities.
- I am forever getting bored of my hair and looking for new ideas. Here are some pics of hairstyles and hair accessories to consider!
I was feeling all bright and disco-retro inspired over the weekend. Now that Spring is officially here, I feel even more inclined (if that’s possible) to brighten up my looks. This season don’t be scared to mix bold bright colors together. I’m loving my bright yellow shoes and how much they add to anything I pair them with. If you’re looking for one hot item for Spring I highly recommend investing in a bold-colored statement shoe. When in doubt, I go to my trusty yellow sandals and coral colored wedges to finish my look!
Dress: BCBG Max Azria | Shoes: Nine West | Sunglasses: Chloe | Purse: Prada | Dog: Valentino
- Some new pics of Marilyn Monroe have been discovered and will be auctioned for sale. Just in case you have a few hundred thousand to blow.
- Here are the top 9 viral Youtube videos of the week. Always entertaining.
- Rihanna gets boo-ed for her exhibitionist style. Do you think her bear-it-all, sans bra style is over the top?
- Here are some major Fall accessories trends. I’m super into the statement necklaces, headbands and hats.
- Check out H&M‘s new Spring 2012 ad campaign. I’m not super impressed; it all seems pretty safe without much of a novelty factor. What do you think?
- Paris fashion week was followed by (a not as buzzed about) Toronto Fashion Week. Here are some fun looks and trends spotted in Toronto’s colorful FW.
- The Olson twins’ The Row will be pairing up with Superga for the release of their premier sneaker collection. They will be a luxurious $250 sneaker made of cashmere, no less.
- Zara will be opening a retail record setting flagship store on 5th Ave in Manhattan (formerly the home of the NBA store).
- This is a cute quirky celebrity baby names guide.
- Looking to change up your ‘do for Spring? I am! Here are some new Spring hair trends and ideas.
Much like my own, I take my phone’s outfits seriously. I’m all about originality when it comes to accessories and clothing and my iphone case is no exception. That’s why I’m so pumped about this iphone cover I just ordered. It’s the ultimate personalized phone cover because you use your very own Instagram pictures to make the design! It’s an Instagram concept called Casetegram and the better news is that you can get the regularly priced $35 case for only $21 at Gilt.com until March 28th! At that price, I may just get a few more phone “ensembles” !
- As seen on Chanel‘s Paris Fashion Week runway show, could embellished brows be the new fake lashes?
- This is a great slideshow of all the beauty trends from the 2012/2013 fashion shows.
- Alexander Wang is being sued for allegedly having a sweatshop in Chinatown.
- Some people get away with murder, but this lady arrested for painting her nails on a plane!
- Thursday was International Women’s Day. In commemoration, Here is a fierce fashion video inspired by a woman’s strength and how to use it!
- Spring is a hop and a skip away. With eclectic nail color and designs being hot as ever on the fashion scene, check out these fun new nail Spring colors and click here for a list of hot Spring trends under $50.
- In case you haven’t seen it, one of the most talked about moments of this week in fashion was Marc Jacobs silly women’s outfit he wore to a post-Parish Fashion Week party.
- Soon to be mine: I’m loving these DVF cell phone cases in honor of International Woman’s Day (and the others). And they’re under $30!
- Paris Fashion Week came to a close. Here is a slideshow of best and worst moments from PFW.
- Tom Ford to start selling $3000 eye-glasses! Recession who?
- They didn’t stop at the bejeweled eyebrows! Chanel’s PFW runway show set-up was no joke, as usual. Check out the crazy scenery here.
I bought these super cute Modern Heritage socks (only $7) at DSW a few weeks ago and have been waiting for a chance to pair them up with some fun sandals and try the “socks with sandals” trend seen everywhere in the Spring and Fall 2012 fashion shows. I purchased these bright yellow Nine West sandals for $10 (!) at Marshalls months ago and love how the bright colors compliment each other. DSW online has a really nice selection of socks and tights at great prices from simple to flashy. I love the frilly Jessica Simpson anklet socks too. I live for pairing my vintage collections with new trends!
Top: Vintage (Despy) | Shorts: Sevens for All Mankind | Shoes: Nine West | Socks: Modern Heritage | Purse: Vintage
Here are other pics of the socks & sandals trend for inspiration! (source: 29secrets.com)
The weather in Miami continues to be a little too warm for fall clothes and a little too cool for summer dresses. I’ve had this little summer dress and found a perfect way to make it work for this in between seasons weather by layering with a sheer vintage short sleeve shirt. I tied the shirt in the back to keep the waist accentuated and ta da! A new outfit is born! Keeping your look updated is all about reworking what’s already in your closet! Happy Friday!
Dress: Prairie NY | Top: Vintage | Shoes: Dolce Vita | Purse: Vintage Coach | Sunglasses: Valentino
I have a job that requires me to dress down all week so my absolute favorite part of the weekend is dressing up!
Top: Memento | Jacket: Anthropologie | Skirt: Vintage (Despy) | Shoes: Studio Andre
Dress: L. Leaster (Despy)