Just posted this super comfy cute vintage cardigan and wanted to post some street style pictures I’ve come across of great ways to wear this classic. As you can see, the options are endless! From layering it over sundresses, skirts and blouses, even layered over other sweater and the list goes on! Has me itching for the cool Fall breezes ahead!
Pictures sources: internationalstreetstyle.com, refinery29.com, pinterest
To all you ladies looking to make a statement, this one’s for you; Behold Violent Lips temporary lip tattoos. These temp tattoos come in more patterns and colors than you could imagine, from animal prints to polk-a-dots to special messages like “B-Day Girl” and “Kiss”. The patterns are a bit risk-ay and more editorial-type looks, but there are also “glitteratti” and more basic colors that are easier to wear. What do you think? Would you give these temp tats a go?
I went to Boston for a weekend trip and wore these great Pinkerton silk pants on the flight there. These pajama pants are perfectly comfy for travel. It was as hot and steamy in Boston as it is here in Miami so I was grateful for the super light material since we went straight on a mini tour of the downtown area after arriving. Pre-pregnancy, I preferred to wear them with a cropped flowy top for a lighter, airier look, but my options are a little more limited nowadays. Silky pajama pants have been heavy on the street style circuit, check out other cool ways to style them below. I love when clothes are just as comfy as they are fun to wear! Click here for a similar style now at Anthropologie.com.
Pants: Pinkerton (Anthropologie.com) | Top: Roberto Rodriguez | Shoes: Dolce Vita | Sunglasses: Valentino | Purse: Fendi
- One of my favorite news in the fashion world this past week is the announcement of the Target and Neiman Marcus collaboration for this coming Holiday season. They promise to have great products from top designers such as DVF, Rodarte, Alice & Olivia and many more at Target-based prices. Hope they don’t disappoint!
- H&M to start selling homeware products in the US!
- Here is a run-down of top fashion events and news in August. I’m ESPECIALLY marking my calendar for the first online Barney’s Warehouse sale on August 23rd (up to 75% off)!
- Vanity Fair has released its 2012 International Best Dressed list. Check out who made the cut.
- Believe it or not, Fall is just around the corner! Check out Style.com’s biggest fall fashion trends to prep you for your Fall Shopping spree!
- For us Fashion TV lovers, MTV’s House of Style to return to the Network!
- Blake Lively is the face of the new Premiere Gucci Fragrance. Check out the sexy sultry video here.
- Here is a comprehensive look at the Miami Beach Fashion Swim Week which took place last week.
Last week I attended Cosmopolitan En Espanol‘s 40th Birthday Bash celebrated by way of a Summer Splash Fashion Show held at Soho Beach House here in Miami. The evening was super sticky hot and crowded, but the show was great. This is a perfect venue for something like this with the extra long lap pool as a perfect runway setup. Some of the designers featured were: Barraca Chic, Zingara, Samsara Imports, Luli Fama, and Maya Swimwear. My favorite trends were the big floppy hats and chunky necklaces paired with the suits. Seeing all these swimsuit models made me wish I had skipped dessert that day (and every other day of my life thus far)! Blame it on the baby bump!
Dress: Velvet Torch | Necklace: Nordstrom | Handbag: Vintage | Shoes: Christian Louboutin
- These are great Earth-friendly tips in commemoration of Earth Day from Recessionista.com. Start small, but let’s start somewhere!
- Coachella is underway and always brings out the quirkiest in street style. Check out some looks here. Vintage looks galore!
- I don’t know about you, but I’ve started listening to all the talk about our toxic-laden beauty products and leaning towards going all-natural. Here is a list of some all-natural beauty products that don’t compromise on quality.
- Looks like wedge sneakers are here to stay (at least for a while). See some stylish best-sellers here.
- Great gift idea for upcoming Mother’s Day for the mamas-to-be in our lives- non-toxic pregnancy-safe nail polish.
- Nice slideshow of some beauty moments from past and present celebs that continue to inspire.
- Levi’s is reviving their 1920′s and 1930′s style for their vintage-inspired Winter collection.
- Top ten list of most “Beauty-Obsessed” cities. Surprised?
- Huffinton Post’s celebrity pics and tidbits of the week.
Im loving the new Free People Music Festival-inspired April 2012 Lookbook. It’s has a definite 1970′s carefree, casually cool feel that I’ve been embracing lately. I’m especially loving the layered bangle bracelets, artsy necklaces, strategically placed messy hair, and headpieces. Great inspiration for summer looks!
Stay tuned for soon to come New Despy items soon to be posted!
Source: Fashionologie.com & Freepeople.com
- For you ladies and gents thinking about making a career out of your love for fashion; here is fashionologie.com’s top 10 Fashion Schools.
- Besides shoes, handbags are the most vital accessory you wear on a daily basis. If you are on the market for a new handbag like me (and who isn’t) here are a few drool worthy bags to get you inspired.
- OPI is coming out with new Spiderman inspired colors next month. See them here.
- Jeffrey Campbell and Black Milk (avant garde legging line) to collaborate on a new shoe line to sell exclusively on (my fave) Solestruck.com!
- If you are looking for inexpensive vintage inspired sunglasses and eyeglasses, check these out!
- This week’s best Fashion Videos.
- Still getting your Spring wardrobe in line? Here are some suggestions of the Classic Spring/Summer staple: the denim jacket.
- Here are some of this week’s best-dressed celebrities.
- I am forever getting bored of my hair and looking for new ideas. Here are some pics of hairstyles and hair accessories to consider!
Neon accents are one of the many Spring/Summer trends that have hit the streets! I bought this neon green badeau top at Ragstock in Minneapolis for $4 and wore it all weekend! I’m loving the fun way it brightens up any ol’ outfit. Get it here at Amazon.com for $5! Skinny bright belts like the one I am wearing here are also a fun and easy way to bring this trend into your wardrobe. Here is a similar one for $10!
Top: Vintage | Badeau: Ragstock | Sweater: I.N.C. | Skirt: J. Crew | Belt: thrifted Versace | Shoes: C. Louboutin
- Lanvin seems to know a thing or two about accessories (ya think). Here is a great detailed slideshow of the beyond gorgeous statement pieces from the latest show in Paris. I want one (any one) so bad it hurts.
- Renowned interior decorator Jonathan Adler is set to launch a handbag line! These new high-end handbags will be available in April at Jonathan Adler Boutiques Neiman Marcus and ShopBop online. Looking forward to seeing the designs!
- I love it! The newest nail trend to hit stores. The caviar mani! Soon to be featured on my nails. I also must try this moon/french mani (pictured above). Here is a how-to video.
- There is no medicine like a good laugh. Here are some 2012 news bloopers for your enjoyment.
- This week’s best dressed according to fashionologie.com. I love Jessica Stam’s new dark hair!
- Despy is all about recycling clothing and ethical shopping. Here is an article on why it should matter to you too! And check out these new ethical shopping brands.
- huggingtonpost.com & thisisfakediy.co.uk
- High School Prom dresses now must meet some very specific guidelines! It just takes a few to ruin it for everyone!
- Did you know about this National Cleavage Day? I guess you can never run out of things to celebrate! Learn more about it here.
I was feeling all bright and disco-retro inspired over the weekend. Now that Spring is officially here, I feel even more inclined (if that’s possible) to brighten up my looks. This season don’t be scared to mix bold bright colors together. I’m loving my bright yellow shoes and how much they add to anything I pair them with. If you’re looking for one hot item for Spring I highly recommend investing in a bold-colored statement shoe. When in doubt, I go to my trusty yellow sandals and coral colored wedges to finish my look!
Dress: BCBG Max Azria | Shoes: Nine West | Sunglasses: Chloe | Purse: Prada | Dog: Valentino
- Some new pics of Marilyn Monroe have been discovered and will be auctioned for sale. Just in case you have a few hundred thousand to blow.
- Here are the top 9 viral Youtube videos of the week. Always entertaining.
- Rihanna gets boo-ed for her exhibitionist style. Do you think her bear-it-all, sans bra style is over the top?
- Here are some major Fall accessories trends. I’m super into the statement necklaces, headbands and hats.
- Check out H&M‘s new Spring 2012 ad campaign. I’m not super impressed; it all seems pretty safe without much of a novelty factor. What do you think?
- Paris fashion week was followed by (a not as buzzed about) Toronto Fashion Week. Here are some fun looks and trends spotted in Toronto’s colorful FW.
- The Olson twins’ The Row will be pairing up with Superga for the release of their premier sneaker collection. They will be a luxurious $250 sneaker made of cashmere, no less.
- Zara will be opening a retail record setting flagship store on 5th Ave in Manhattan (formerly the home of the NBA store).
- This is a cute quirky celebrity baby names guide.
- Looking to change up your ‘do for Spring? I am! Here are some new Spring hair trends and ideas.
Much like my own, I take my phone’s outfits seriously. I’m all about originality when it comes to accessories and clothing and my iphone case is no exception. That’s why I’m so pumped about this iphone cover I just ordered. It’s the ultimate personalized phone cover because you use your very own Instagram pictures to make the design! It’s an Instagram concept called Casetegram and the better news is that you can get the regularly priced $35 case for only $21 at Gilt.com until March 28th! At that price, I may just get a few more phone “ensembles” !
I bought these super cute Modern Heritage socks (only $7) at DSW a few weeks ago and have been waiting for a chance to pair them up with some fun sandals and try the “socks with sandals” trend seen everywhere in the Spring and Fall 2012 fashion shows. I purchased these bright yellow Nine West sandals for $10 (!) at Marshalls months ago and love how the bright colors compliment each other. DSW online has a really nice selection of socks and tights at great prices from simple to flashy. I love the frilly Jessica Simpson anklet socks too. I live for pairing my vintage collections with new trends!
Top: Vintage (Despy) | Shorts: Sevens for All Mankind | Shoes: Nine West | Socks: Modern Heritage | Purse: Vintage
Here are other pics of the socks & sandals trend for inspiration! (source: 29secrets.com)
- Here’s what’s hot in make-up trends from NY Fashion Week.
- We need to get the facts! Here’s an article on big name make-up brands (Avon, Estee Lauder, Mary Kay) still testing on animals.
- A new study came to the head scratching conclusion that seeing thin models can make us feel better about ourselves. Huh?
- Check out some street style shots from London Fashion Week.
- Shoe genius Manolo Blahnik will be celebrating 40 years as a shoe designer in 2013. Read more here.
- On to Milan Fashion Week! Here are some cool shots of one of my favorite shows- Prada!
- And some of the best Milan Fashion Week street style shots.
- Wondering how to wear the latest sandals and socks trend? Here are some suggestions.